Sunday, January 29, 2012

Got a job interview (burger king) at a different location than I applied to?

I applied at a burger king close to my house a few months ago. Today I got a phone call from burger king and a woman told me to come in for an interview tomorrow. Then she proceeded to tell me the location, which was a burger king an hour (bussing) away from my house. I was surprised so I just asked, (name of location)?, and she was like yeah, do you not want the job and I was like oh umm yes i do and then the phone call ended. So now I'm wondering if this interview if for the location that its at, which makes more sense... or if its for the one I actually applied to, because I know some places do their interviews at a different location. I would call them back if the interview weren't tomorrow, so if anyone could help me out that would be great, Thanks!Got a job interview (burger king) at a different location than I applied to?
It's sometimes difficult to be put on the spot, especially if you don't know what to expect.

Call first thing in the morning and ask to speak to the woman who you were supposed to be contacting. Tell her that you were a bit confused about whether the job is at the location closer to you or at the other location.

If it is the other location, simply tell her that although you would love to be able to work there, because of the distance needed to travel by bus to the other location, you feel you would be unable to manage getting down there in time for shifts due to school commitments.

Ask her if it would be possible to keep your application in for the other location as you still would like to work, but because of travel time, must try to keep close to home as school remains your first priority.

Hopefully this woman won't end up just chucking your application, so to be on the safe side, I would suggest you go fill out another. Just in case. Good Luck.Got a job interview (burger king) at a different location than I applied to?
No one can help you out. There's no way to tell whether it's for that location or not. It could go either way. You should have asked her. Why can't you call now? Isn't Burger King open late?

No comments:

Post a Comment