Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Any body remember having a Zip Burger at Mugs Up root beer?

When I was 16, (in1963) I worked at a drive-inn restuarant in Huntsville AL. at a place called Mugs Up. They sold Root Beer and fries and hamburgers They had two locations on the Memorial Parkway. Years later they apparently fell on hard times and closed both locations. What I remember most, was how good their Zip Burgers were. What I remember about these hamburgers was the fact the meat was boiled, not fried. When the meat was nearly cooked they added a package of some kind of dry package spices. These spices were not hot at all but gave this burger it's great flavor. This was not what we call today a Sloppy Joe or S.O.S. I would appreciate anyone having this recipe sharing it with me. Thanks and have a great day!Any body remember having a Zip Burger at Mugs Up root beer?
I'm from Alabama and still live here in Mobile I remember the Frosty Mug Root Beer %26amp; Hamburgers, and homemade fries I was small I wonder if I got the name wrong and its Zip Burger but they had frozon mugs they put the root beer in man if they still had them places nobody wounld eat at McDonald. Makes me wonder also why?nobody has ever tried to open any back up again seem like it would be a gold mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment